July 16, 2008

Timbaland To Produce Jay-Z's Entire Next Album??



Timbaland may be producing Jay-Z's entire next album?? I don't know why, but that scares the shit out of me. Well I do know why (I'll get into that in a sec) and the fact that its actually a possibility kinda freaks me out. If it was Kanye West doing the whole thing I'd be more comfortable (somewhat), but I just don't see Jay making another classic album over all Timbaland beats.

After Nas' album formerly known as Nigger (aka Untitled), if Jay is gonna drop this year he's gonna need to make a total blowout undeniable classic! He is one of the very few artists out today who could possibly make a better album and loosen the struggle-hold Nas has on Album Of The Year right now. Not saying Nas holding that honor is a bad thing, but its too early to already have the best album and that shit is so tight its gonna be tough to top it.

Now, this is NO knock on Tim by any means because behind Dr. Dre I think he's the best producer of all-time. I've been fuckin' with Timbaland forever! Hell, before I even knew he was producing shit I was listening to. And yes I'm a proud owner of Tim's Bio and have Indecent Proposal in my car RIGHT now (how many others can say that today lol). I just don't see him producing a classic Hip-Hop album in its entirety...well not for Jay-Z at least. I'm sure he can do a really, really good job because of his versatility, but majority of Hov's most classic work has been over a more soulful type of track. A type of track you rarely get from Tim when he's doing Hip-Hop...especially with Jay-Z.

To further prove my point that I'm not bashing Timbaland, I must say I don't think the Neptunes, Just Blaze, Swizz Beatz, JD, Cool N Dre, The Runners, DJ Toomp, Polow or any of my favorite producers outside of MAYBE Dr. Dre, Kanye, and Premo could either (and that's a huge maybe). The only reason I said maybe Dre and Kanye is because they've produced entire classic Hip-Hop albums before and the reason I said maybe Premo is because he's still capable of making those Reasonable Doubt type tracks that some people have been waiting Jay to go back to for some time now. And I still wouldn't suggest doing an album with just one producer. Then again, if there was any rapper to do it it'd probably be Jay-Z.

Hopefully Tim is reading this right now and its lighting a fire under his ass to prove me wrong (PLEASE prove me wrong). Now, this is obviously just my opinion as a fan and I'm definitely not "hatin'" for all you out there that can distinguish between hate and opinion, hate and constructive criticism, or even hate and comedy lol.

Oh and I could keep going, but I think I've made my point lol.

SOURCE

0 comments: