July 18, 2008

Nas To Debut #1

He's already in the range of my prediction after just a couple of days so it looks like I'll be wrong, but I don't mind with a classic like this.

Nas' new Def Jam album may not have a title, but it will have a home at No. 1 on The Billboard 200. The veteran rapper is on course to notch his fifth topper on the big chart, as he leads Nielsen SoundScan's Friday Building chart with 113,000 copies.

That total represents un-weighted sales at nine leading music merchants, through close of business Thursday. Those accounts -- Trans World Entertainment, Apple, Best Buy, Circuit City, Borders, Starbucks, Target, Anderson Merchandisers and Handleman Co. -- account for about 80% of the U.S. album market. Anderson now services all Wal-Mart stores.

I'm not surprised its gonna be #1 when Tha Carter III is there right now with 125,000 sold last week. Welp, I copped my copy today and I suggest you do the same. Support the arts people!

SOURCE

0 comments: