September 13, 2010

Kanye West - Runaway (feat. Pusha T)

LOS ANGELES, CA - SEPTEMBER 12:  Kanye West performs onstage during the 2010 MTV Video Music Awards at NOKIA Theatre L.A. LIVE on September 12, 2010 in Los Angeles, California.
I would've posted the actual Kanye performance from last night, but MTV keeps taking all the videos down (Because why would they want people watching something that happened on their marquee award show??). Fuck that now because the mp3 has hit the internets! Enjoy.


Kanye is absolutely smashing the game right now musically! This totally makes up for the Lost Year (aka 2008). Oh, and am I the only one ecstatic that super deep auto-tuned hook at the end was left off the studio version?? I hope not. I am a bit sad to hear the "look atcha" sample gone though, I thought that was a nice touch. Oh well, I'm not complaining, the last time Kanye closed out the VMAs with a performance (the Lost Year), an extra shitty version of the song leaked days later. This is FAR from that.

It'll be interesting to see how this song does on the Billboard charts and if it'll be the catalyst to get this new album released. Fingers crossed.