September 09, 2010

Random News Shit: Entertainment Edition

Soulja Man
1) Soulja Boy Ends Foolish Feud With Fabolous
Welp it's all over now. I guess somebody got into Soulja's ear (most likely somebody at Interscope) and explained to him how dumb he looks calling out Fab for making jokes at his expense as everyone else with internet access did.

I am glad it stayed on Twitter though, Fab would've looked silly taking Soulja out on wax when he's so clearly better than him.

Now it's time for Brian Pumper to step up and follow Soulja's lead lol.

2) BET Hip-Hop Award Nominees Announced
Look at those categories, doesn't it look like they just drew names from a hat?? Drake for Best Live Performance?? Jay-Z nominated 3 times in one category?? and most egregious, Nicki Minaj for Lyricists of the Year?? Come on now BET, y'all can do better than this.

Oh well, like most Hip-Hop fans, I'll only be watching to see the cyphers. Hopefully Joe Budden is invited back.

3) Eminem Performance To Open Up VMAs
Well this is awesome news, but I have something even better to share, I found a solution to my "fuck, the VMAs are gonna be on at the same time as the Cowboys game...FUCK!" problem! Dual TVs! That's right, I'm taking the TV from the living room, and putting it in my room. That way I can watch both at the same time, while still have computer access for Twitter efficiency. Fiyah, you are a fuckin' genius!

4) Jay-Z Signs Will Smith's Daughter Willow To Roc Nation
I'm a huge Will Smith fan, and I'm clearly a huge Jay-Z fan, but let's stop the madness. I'm not gonna bash a child of 9 years for making a terrible song, but c'mon son!

(Side note: Rihanna must be totally pissed off that Willow sounds exactly like her and that this song sounds telegraphed for her.)

5) SNL Adds Jay Pharoah To Cast
Congrats to buddy, hopefully they let him shine because SNL really hasn't been that colorful in recent years, if you know what I mean. Thank goodness someone can finally replace Fred Armisen when it's time for Barack Obama skits.

Anyway, if you've never heard for Jay, check out some of his impressions here. His shit is flawless.

(Side note: Anybody know why he spells his stage name "Pharoah" and not "Pharaoh"?? Seems odd, but maybe it's an inside joke or something.)