September 15, 2010

Random News Shit: NFL Headlines Edition

Reggie Bush
1) Reggie Bush Decides To Forfeit Heisman
I haven't really spoke on this whole story, but allow me a moment to sum my feelings on it up in one word: Bullshit!

This is why I can't support college athletics, especially football. In the history of NCAA rulings, has one ever fit the crime?? I'm serious, has it ever once?? And I know the NCAA didn't make him do this, but them and their retarded slave rules made it possible that a player can essentially be stripped of an award he earned on the field over an issue that has absolutely nothing to do with the game of football. I could see if Reggie was found to have done steroids, but he took money. What in the FUCK does that have to do with what he accomplished on the field in 2005?? Seriously, what?? Don't worry I'll wait.

2) Kris Jenkins Done For 2010 After Just 6 Plays
This sucks. I know that's not breaking news, but you just gotta hate to hear this (unless you're in the KKK).

As we all know, he hurt this same knee 6 games into last season (hmmm, 6 may be his lucky number), and at 31 years of age, it might be time to call it a career. Obviously 31 isn't old for a D-lineman, but damn, a torn ACL in the same knee, less than a year later?? That's tough. Besides, if he comes back for 2011, how long can the Jets expect him to play before tearing it again, 6 seconds?? Get it?? Nevermind.

3) Packers Place Ryan Grant On IR
Shit! This is an even bigger blow to the Packers than Kris Jenkins' injury is to thee Jets. I'm not sure who else Green Bay has in its backfield, but I hope dude is ready for primetime. Okay, that one was pretty obvious, but hey, it's true.

4) Eagles Under Investigation By NFLPA Over Concussions ...Then Left Alone
Yeah, I figured this was coming when I saw Stewart Bradley re-enter Sunday's Eagles-Packers game minutes after staggering off his feet after suffering a concussion. I watched this game up until halftime (when I stepped out to buy more Sierra Mist Cranberry and grab some pizza for the Cowboys game), and I had no idea Kevin Kolb even had a concussion in that 2nd quarter.

Oh well, it's not like it was the only botched decision by Andy Reid in that game.

(Side note: I love how the NFL is getting more serious about concussions, while simultaneously looking to increase player's workloads by going to 18 game seasons. I mean, because what better way to show concern over an issue than enhancing the likelihood of recurrence??)

5) Bob Sanders Hurt...As Usual
Good ol opt-injured Bobby S. tore a tendon in his biceps and is out indefinitely. The Colts are use to playing without him though, so I guess this isn't that big of a deal. Might be time for him to call it a career as well, but because of my "Bob Sanders is injured" story fatigue.

6) Broncos Trade For Laurence Maroney
You gotta feel like shit right now if you're Laurence Maroney. Not because you're leaving the Patriots, but that you're a running back going to the Broncos. They've run through like 4 or 5 already, and Laurence already missed the season opener due to injury, so now it's just a matter of time before he hits the IR.

Bad past few months for niggas named Laurence.

7) UF's Chris Rainey Faces Stalking Charge
I know this is NFL shit, but it is hilarious shit. I'll make this quick, but I'd be lying if I said I'd never pull a Chris Rainey and text somebody, "It's time to die, bitch." That shit is too funny! LMAO!