September 10, 2010

Random News Shit: Extension Edition

Dallas Cowboys wide receiver Miles Austin celebrates his touchdown in the second quarter of play against the Philadelphia Eagles in their NFL NFC wild card playoff football game in Arlington, Texas January 9, 2010.
1) Dallas Gives Austin 6-Year, $54M Extension
That's $20 million in guaranteed money for T.O.'s true replacement.

Now while I agree with paying Miles, I must say I disagree with Jerry Jones on the timing of it. I'm positive Miles won't be a one-year wonder, but I still would've liked to see a couple monster games in 2010 before the check was cut. Oh well, I ain't mad at Miles, get that money playa. Oh, and don't spend it all on one Kardashian at once.

2) Pats Makes Brady Highest Paid With 4-Year, $72M Extension
Gets in a car crash while probably getting head from some model chick by day, highest paid player in the NFL by night. That's the life of Tom Brady.

(Side note: If Tom and Gisele BĂ¼ndchen ever get divorced, does she still have a right to half of his money even she still makes more than him?? This is a serious question by the way.)