June 26, 2009

50 Cent - Respect It Or Check It/Where Are You

Here's 2 new joints from 50 Cent's new mixtape Forever King (previously known as Sincerely Southside Pt. 2) coming next Friday, July 3rd.


Pretty decent, I ain't mad at Fif for this one. The rap flow isn't as simplistic as some of his other recent music and that's always welcomed because I hate that. I like the Michael Jackson shout out at the end too.

Speaking of MJ, here's Where Are You where 50 spits over a sample of the Jackson 5's I Wanna Be Where You Are.


Well I guess I spoke too soon because 50 went right back to the simple rhyme cadence on this one. I still like it though because I LOVE this Jackson 5 song! I loved the original, I loved it when JD sampled it on the Drumline soundtrack, I liked it when The Game and Tyrese sampled it on YouKnowWhatItIs Vol. 4, I loved it when my boy Smiley sampled it. Its just a good ass record. Rest in peace Michael.