March 02, 2012

Jim Gaffigan's Mr. Universe Drops April 11th

I don't know if you knew this, but Jim Gaffigan is one of my favorite comedians, and as a fan, I felt it was a my duty to inform my small following that his new stand-up special will be available for download April 11th. It's only $5 and exactly one of those dollars will be donated to the Bob Woodruff Foundation.

Enough of me though, here's a word from Jim:

My Dearest Internet User,

First, thanks for reading this. And this. OK, I’ll get to the point. A bunch of NEW shows go on sale Friday and I wanted you to know cause you are so special. Speaking of special, I’m also pleased to announce my new hour special “Mr. Universe” will be available exclusively on my website on April 11th for $5. That rights for the cost of…five things that cost a dollar you can own the DVD of my special without that cumbersome plastic. A dollar from each $5 will be donated to the Bob Woodruff foundation that supports veterans and their families. We are moving the date up to April 11th because you are so special. No kidding. That is the reason.

In April will be asking for your help with this endeavor. Why? Because you are so special. So if each of you could buy 200,000 downloads of my special that would be great. In reality, if you could help spread the word on April 11th that would really help. It doesn’t have to be anything big, but I heard they have billboards in Times Square now, for not that expensive. OK they’re expensive, but I’m worth it and didn’t I mention that you’re special. If you tell just one friend, just one, well, that would be pretty pathetic, but I’d appreciate it anyway. If you do help out I can reward you with the prestigious unpaid position of “promotional advisor”. You can even make your own nametag.

I really appreciate all your support and suggestions. If you have any ideas, I’m all ears.

Your Best Friend,

Jim