December 21, 2008

Chargers, Broncos Get Sunday Night Flex Game

Before tonight's Giants/Panthers game, the NFL announced that the game that'll decide the AFC West crown will be next week's Sunday night game. It was obviously out of this game, DAL/PHI, or MIA/NYJ, but after both the Eagles and Jets lost their game's today, and basically eliminated themselves, the choice was easy. I'm fine with it, I'm just glad the Broncos opened the door for the Chargers so their fans can finally stop bitchin' about that Ed Hochuli call in Week 2. Now, I do want the NFL to flex my game to 4:15pm so I'll be able to see it since I work from 1-5 on Sundays. I mean damn, there's 13 freakin' 1pm games this coming Sunday lol.

Special shout out to the Chargers and Redskins for giving the Cowboys a 2nd chance to control their own destiny (even though Bob Costas insist you can't change destiny because its destiny lol). Christmas came early for my Boys, but it was an even better day for the Falcons because all the teams they were battling for a wild card lost (DAL, TAM, and PHI) which allowed them to clinch a spot. Unlike the Colts on Thursday, they don't clinch the 5th seed without a win next week against the Rams.
That should be an easy one, but I doubt Mike Smith plays his starter the entire game so the Cowboys still have an outside shot at grabbing it and facing the Cardinals wild card weekend IF they can beat the Eagles next Sunday (Scratch that, I forgot that with the Panthers loss tonight it opens up the NFC South title for the Falcons if the Saints can beat the Panthers next Sunday. If the Saints handle their business, the Falcons automatically become the #2 seed with a win versus the Rams.) Honestly, I don't care if we get the 5th or 6th seed as long as we're in the damn tournament lol. Then again, if we got the 6th seed and beat either Minnesota or Chicago on wild card weekend, it would set up a shot for us to do what the Giants did to us last year since they'll have the #1 seed after beating Carolina tonight. Okay, I'm rambling lol. I can't help it, I'm excited about the new life we received today BUT none of it matters if we don't win Sunday.

SOURCE

0 comments: