December 09, 2008

This Week In Flops 12/9/08

Its starting to look a lot like Christmas! If you live in FL like me and don't really feel the weather change, then you know when its December when 1,000 albums drop every Tuesday lol. Anyway, I got a laundry list after Common so check me out!

"That Universal Mind Control, now move your behind."

I just got this album yesterday so I haven't had a chance to listen to it yet so this will be strictly about what I realistically think this album is gonna do, and not the suckiness I've heard about it lol. Okay, so obviously the single U.M.C. with Pharrell hasn't done that great (if it had this album would've still been called Invincible Summer...and came out in the summer). At the same time, he is Common so I think that's good for at least 60,000-70,000, just off name and with the ever decreasing December bump, I'm gonna say U.M.C. debuts in the top 10 with 80k-95k sold.

Look, its Ray-J's sister! lol. Okay, now I like Brandy and I always have all the way back with Moesha and even Thea. With that being said, its over baby girl. I think Brandy's career effectively ended when she 1) got in that car crash and 2) let Ray-J get more famous than her. I'll be honest, I don't know much about this project, but I know its not gonna do well. I mean I don't even know what the single is, let alone actually hearing it. I'm gonna throw a wild one out there and say 30k-45k.

Poor Musiq, I bet he really thought going commercial was gonna take him to the next level lol. I like Musiq, and I like that Radio song, but its just not Musiq Soulchild. We don't wanna hear that track from Musiq Soulchild and see him walking around with a Mohawk like the rest of these followers. Anyway, I'm sure I'm not the only one who didn't know this was dropping today so I'm gonna pull a wild card again and say 20k-40k

Who waits for their 5th album to do the self-titled thing?? I thought that was strictly reserved for uncreative debuts?? Oh well, I don't know much about this album either so I'm just gonna assume it does bad and say 15k-30k.

I always have sympathy for old rappers, who haven't been hot in nearly a decade or maybe more, that still try to put albums out (i.e. EPMD, Rev. Run, KRS-One, etc...). I don't really know the logic in it, but I can't help but feel bad for them. I have no hope for this album so I'm gonna say less than 10k.

0 comments: