December 16, 2008

This Week In Flops 12/16/08

We got another full load this Tuesday so lets dive right in with next week's #1...

I went back and forth with Foxx, Keyshia Cole, and Plies but I landed on Jamie ending up #1 because he has the most momentum heading into this Tuesday. Foxx is all over the place right now and has a huge fanbase with Foxxhole Radio on Sirius XM (which also allows him to promote without limits and play his records all day) so he should at least do some decent numbers. Either way, it will NOT do the huge numbers his last album, Unpredictable, did because 1) there's no big movie like Ray out for him right now 2) he's not on a huge Kanye West single like Gold Digger (hell, neither is Kanye lol) and 3) lack of a hit record this time around. Foxx has the most momentum out of the artist dropping today, but nowhere near the steam that drove Unpredictable through the roof. Now, I wouldn't put money on this, but I got Foxx doing 175k-210k. I hope he does more because Foxx is that nigga (he need to let a nigga come through and do Foxxhole with him and fine ass Claudia Jordan).

Next up I got Keyshia Cole. She doesn't have a huge, or even marginal, single out right now BUT what she does have is a name and a hit TV show on BET. Not to mention, she's actually on tour right now, which is never bad for album sales and promotion. Unfortunately she probably won't get that real hit single until later on in the process, but I think all that she has going on now is good for at least 145,000 so I'm gonna go 150k-185.

Yeah, I know Plies did 214,532 in his first week back in June, but I just don't see a repeat of those type of numbers with all that's working against him now. For starters, Lil Wayne isn't around to get people to the store like back in June. Not saying Plies needs Wayne or that people won't be at the store, but it doesn't hurt when so many people are out with the sole purpose of buying music like they were the week of June 10th. Plus, there's a lot more competition this time around and people just don't have enough to play all, or even 2, of these albums. The drop off shouldn't be that bad though so I got him at 125k-155k.

Damn homie, last year you was the man homie. What the fuck happened to you?? lol. I bet you probably didn't even know this (and/or cared lol), but yes Soulja Boy has an album coming out! Are you gonna buy it?? Yeah I'm sure you're not alone so I'm gonna go with 45k-75k.

Not to be disrespectful to an actual artist, but I bet you didn't know Anthony Hamilton had an album dropping today either. Hey, wanna know something I didn't know?? Anthony Hamilton is on SoSoDef! When did that happen?? lol. Anyway, SoSoDef albums never do great so I got A. Ham only doing 5k-15k. That's sad because he's an outstanding singer, but his single Cool with David Banner didn't do anything.

Here's another I'm not sure you knew about, but Heavy D (yes, that Heavy D) has a Reggae album today. It obviously won't sell, but just wanted to give Heav some light.

0 comments: