January 29, 2009

Jazmine Sullivan - Lions, Tigers, & Bears Video



I'm NOT "hatin'" on Jazmine Sullivan, I think she has an amazing voice, but here's my problem with her: She has a grown up voice and elementary school lyrics. I've had that problem with her since I first heard her album in September (which is why I listened to it just once). I mean seriously, lions, tigers, and bears?? How old is she?? Those lyrics are too childish for Miley Cyrus lol. It wasn't every song on the album though, just a few, but for her 2nd project she is really gonna have to mature the lyrics.

Speaking of Jaz, am I the only one who is surprised Bust Your Windows never went higher than 31 on the Hot 100?? They used to play that shit ad nauseam on the radio down here and I was always shocked it never hit the top 10 or at least got to the teens. Just a thought.

0 comments: