January 18, 2009

The Super Bowl Is Set

As I'm sure you've heard by now, the Pittsburgh Steelers are headed to Tampa Bay, FL to face....(wait for it)... the Arizona Cardinals! When my homeboy Pimp aka Tyler (we've called him Pimp so long his real name is now the aka) said watch out for the Cardinals earlier this season I couldn't help but laugh. now I might have to call him for all my picks from now on. Well all my picks for the 2009 season because I've already made my Super Bowl XLIII pick. Not to jinx them or anything, but I don't see how the Steelers lose come February 1st.

I probably should've got enough of doubting the Cards all postseason (I'm now 5-5 in the playoffs, 3 of the loses came by picking against AZ), but when I think of this match-up I just see Willis McGahee laying on the ground and subsequently being carted off the field after that devastating hit by Ryan Clark. (Side note: I hope Willis is okay. I mean damn!) And though the Card still have major "Nobody believes in us" potential, I don't see how they over come what Pittsburgh is about to bring in 2 weeks. There will be no Giants/Pats Super Bowl XLII potential in this game.

0 comments: