January 16, 2009

NFL Winners & Losers: Championship Round

Okay so in the 2009 postseason I'm 0-4 on Saturdays and 4-0 on Sundays. Thank goodness all 3 games left will be played on Sundays lol.

Speaking of playoff records, I don't know if anybody else noticed but Lil Wayne went 4 for 4 on his divisional round picks when he was on 1st & 10 with Skip Bayless. Is Weezy the new sports guru?? I mean even the Sports Guy Bill Simmons can't say he went 4 for 4 (hell, he'd take 1 for 4 after his picks last week lol). Well I'm just putting it out there because I'm gonna lean heavily on what Wayne said for the conference championship round.

1) Ravens @ Steelers
Niggas at ESPN must really be checking me out because after I brought up that 'Ravens may be fatigued since they haven't had a bye since week 2' I've heard that all over this past week. I think it was evident in that game against the Titans too. If Chris Johnson doesn't get hurt, the Ravens lose that game because he was moving the chains on them like crazy. I'm not poo pooing Baltimore's defense, but Johnson had 72 yards and a touchdown on just 11 carries before leaving with that ankle injury. If CJ doesn't get hurt, I just don't see how B-More wins, even with all the Tennessee turnovers.

All that doesn't bode well heading into Pittsburgh for a 2nd time to play the Steelers for a 3rd time. You know they say the hardest thing to do is beat a team 3 times in one season, but its definitely possible in this case. Last Sunday the Steelers physically dominated a high powered Chargers team and its hard to see them not doing the same to a battered and tired Ravens team. I think Willie Parker picks up where Chris Johnson left off last week and barring any key injuries I think the Steelers handle the Ravens with relative ease. Sorry Wayne, but I'm gonna have to go against your pick and take Pittburgh. Steelers winners, Ravens losers.

2) Eagles @ Cardinals
Who had the Cardinals hosting the NFC Championship game when the playoffs started?? lol. The Cards clearly shocked the world when they took that "us against the world" mentality to Carolina and put a beat down on the Panthers. Now everbody is on their bangwagon and picking them to beat the Eagles who just put out the champs and not the fradulent ass Panthers. Unfortunately for AZ, I don't see the Eagles turning the ball over 6 times come Sunday. Then again, people said Carolina wouldn't turn the ball over like Atlanta did a week earlier and you saw what happened.

The key to this game is gonna be Anquan Boldin. He's coming back this week so will the Cards try to establish the run or just go back to being pass happy?? And on the other side of things, will Boldin back, its gonna make it hard for the Eagles to double up on Larry Fitzgerald like the Panthers should have last weekend. Either way, Boldin is the key to this game. Unfortunately for the Cards, I can't go against both of Lil Wayne's picks so I'm gonna take Philly. Eagles winners, Cardinals losers.


Record Last Week: 2-2 (.500)
Playoff Record: 4-4 (.500)
Regular Season Record: 116-68 (.630)

0 comments: