March 23, 2009

Children Out Of Wedlock

I caught this on Outside The Lines the other days and thought it was interesting...



Man, I used to make fun of Travis Henry a lot, but now I just feel bad for him. Then again, I should feel bad for the baby mommas because you know all 9 (and possibly 10) of them thought they were gonna come up with a big time football star and now this negro ain't even in the league.

Anyway, the craziest shit in this whole piece is the stat that 71% of black children are born to single mothers! That is ridiculously high! I mean daaaamn! That figure even makes me wanna wait 'til marriage lol.

A brief related Random News Shit post is after the jump.

1) Unwed birth rate reaches all-time high in U.S.
Now this story is overall, and not just black mothers. I actually can't say I'm surprised becauseI'm 23 and most people I went to school with have at least one kid, if not more. I see young ass pregnant girls or young girls pushing scrollers all the time at work. Its crazy! Again, makes me wanna wait 'til marriage.

2) With the Economy Down, Vasectomy Rates Are Up
Aight, so what do we think is the real cause of this, people thinking they can't afford the kids or trying to get it out of the way before they lose their job and health insurance?? I know people don't wanna stop fuckin' so I think it has more to do with the jobs and health insurance. I could be wrong. That's just me.