March 24, 2009

This Week In Flops 3/24/09

Jooones! Capo is back with his fourth album Pray IV Reign. I listened to some of it the other day and you can tell he's still one of the biggest Jay-Z fans out there right now lol. That's fine, he's not rollin' with Cam anymore anyway so I guess he can openly express his love for Hov now. Anyway, his terribly corny single Na Na Nana Na Na hasn't done numbers like I'm sure he was expecting when making that trash. That's a problem, but I think he has a strong enough presence out there right now to come in at at least #2 on the charts. For Jimmy I'm going with 85k-105k.

Next up I got my boo, the fine ass Ms. Keri Hilson (and future Mrs. Fiyah)! Her single with Wayne cooled off some time in February, but a few key Kanye cameos has kept her in the loop. I think she'll easily cruise by the 50,000 mark and land somewhere in the 60k-80k range which should be good for getting her in the top 5. Not bad at all these days.

Man, I fuckin' love this cover! Its so sick! Anyway, I haven't got a chance to check out the next album yet, but hopefully its better than that one with the Neptunes. Slim is doing his thing on a minor level now so don't expect him to do any crazy numbers, but that's fine because I'm sure he's getting a better percentage off album sells on the label formerly known as Koch than he was on Geffen. I think this album is good for about 40k-60k.

Remember Case?? Yeah he was kinda semi-hot back in the 90s and now he's back with his new album The Rose Experience. He was on the Foxxhole about 2 weeks ago and besides learning that he accidently shot himself in the throat while he was gone, he also calls himself the black Axel Rose and that's why his album is titled what it is. He sung for them and he still has it, but unfortunately most people don't even know he's back. I got him doing somewhere around 10k-20k.