October 13, 2010

BET Hip-Hop Awards '10 Cyphers


The G.O.O.D. cypher was EASILY the best of the night off Kanye's 2nd verse alone. In fact, I don't think it'd be too outlandish to say that was the bet moment of the night. I usually don't like hearing album verses on freestyles pre or post-album, but I wouldn't mind Yeezy saving that one.

Everybody else did they're thing too. I'm not a big Big Sean fan, but he ripped it.


Shout out to Hip-Hop fathers. This was such a great idea that I refuse to believe somebody who worked on the Hip-Hop Awards thought of it. It had to be an outsider coming in with this suggestion. Either way, you know Master P and Romeo were at home pissed they weren't invited.

Anyway, Diggy had the hardest verse, but I'm anxious to hear how Rev and his wife feel about Dig's closing line. JoJo has clearly stepped his bars up since the Run's House days, but he's still #2 on the depth chart. And as far as Ice Cube's sons go, why is one named OMG?? That's so not gangsta.


Shout out to my boy Tye for correctly predicting Diamond would spit about her 32 flavors before a word even came out of her mouth. Tyga was okay, Kuniva was nice, and but of course Royce killed it.