October 17, 2010

Mystikal - Papercuts (feat. Lil Wayne & Fiend)

NEW YORK - JUNE 03:  Rapper Mystikal performs onstage at the 2010 Vh1 Hip Hop Honors at Hammerstein Ballroom on June 3, 2010 in New York City.
New Mystikal track BUT there's a reason I was in no rush to post it. You'll see shortly.


Uhhh, not exactly what I expected when I got hyped Mystikal was released back in January, but I guess I'll take it. Mystikal absolutely murdered his verse, but the rest of the song should've been left on the chopping board. First off, the beat was annoyingly bad. Possibly the worst beat Mystikal has ever rapped over in his entire career. I guess it's clear he didn't get many of those Mannie Fresh beats, but damn, their had to be better alternatives than this shit. Next, the hook was weak as shit, and Fiend and Wayne (who knows where that verse came from) didn't really bring anything special to the table.

I'm gonna be patient with Mystikal though, he's been gone a long time and he's gonna have to adjust to music in 2010 (though this song wouldn't have been hot in any era). At least he can still rap (unlike Shyne), so you know it's gonna get better as the production he gets improves.