October 05, 2010

This Week In Flops 10/5/10

Bruno Mars - Doo-Wops and Hooligans
Current #1 single in the country, prior feature on the #1 song in the country, and an arrest on cocaine charges. There's no way Bruno Mars doesn't comes out on top of these deep crop of albums. I'm gonna say he falls in the 130-165k range.

Waka Flocka Flame - Flockavelli
Wait a minute, "Flockaveli" is really the name of his debut album?? Man, I thought this shit was a mixtape! The corny title mixed with the cartoon-ish cover just screams mixtape, but if this is really his album then so be it. I'm gonna go 60-90k for Flockaveli.

(Side note: I'm poised to be wrong on this.)

Faith Evans - Something About Faith
I don't know much about this album, but it's Faith, so she should be good for at least 30,000 copies first week. I'll say 40-60k.

Pimp C - The Naked Soul of Sweet Jones
I still can't believe Pimp C is dead. Are they still trying to push the lie that his death had nothing to do with sizzurp and that he died of natural causes at 32??

Anyway, Pimp always gets love so I think he's gonna fall in the 15-35k range.

B.G. - Hollyhood
What a horrible, piece of shit album cover. I know B.G. isn't on the top of the game, but fuck! This shit looks like a mixtape even more than Flockaveli. Oh well, I'm going with 5-15k for B. Gizzle.

Canibus - C of Tranquility
Canibus is lyrically an all-time great, but the name has like 4 albums since 2000 that haven't charted. Although I'm sure it'll be a very good album, it's probably will fall in the range of 1-3k.