October 22, 2010

NFL Winners & Losers: Week 7

Henne vs. Roethlisberger
Sigh.

1) Steelers (4-1) @ Dolphins (3-2)
I would go with the upset here, but who knows if the Steelers will lose again this season? I certainly wouldn't bet on it. Steelers winners, Dolphins losers.

(Side note: I was pissed about the NFL and their BS crack down on the defensive side of the ball too, but who did James Harrison think he was fooling talking about he might retire?? Nobody is walking away from all that money lol.)

2) Eagles (4-2) @ Titans (4-2)
Vince Young is a game-time decision, but obviously the drop off from he to Kerry Collins is minimal.

On the Eagles side, Kevin Kolb is gonna make another start, and I can't lie, the dude has impressed since that pathetic showing against the Redskins in Week 4. I'm gonna give the Titans the benefit of the doubt though. Titans winners, Eagles losers.

3) Vikings (2-3) @ Packers (3-3)
The Packers are depleted, but honestly, the Vikings suck. I'm still trying to figure out how the Cowboys found a way to lose last week after holding their offense in complete check. Oh well. Packers winners, Vikings losers.

4) Patriots (4-1) @ Chargers (2-4)
I like how the Chargers can lose to the likes of the Chiefs, Seahawks, Raiders, and Rams and nobody questions Norv Turner's job, but every other day Jerry Jones has to reiterate that Wade Phillips' job is safe. That's just awesome.

Anyway, all 4 of the Bolts' losses have come on the road. They're home this week, so I'll give them the benefit of the doubt against the Pats' secondary. Chargers winners, Patriots losers.

5) Bengals (2-3) @ Falcons (4-2)
The Falcons looked pathetic last week in Philly. I don't know if that's gonna be a pattern, but I'll take the Bengals to win a close one coming out of their bye. Bengals winners, Falcons losers.

In light of Ocho Cinco being on some wild homo shit on Twitter, I'm officially changing my pick from to the Falcons. Falcons winners, Bengals losers.

6) Rams (3-3) @ Buccaneers (3-2)
Who would've thought this would be an interesting Week 7 match-up before the start of the season??

Anyway, all I know is that the last time we saw the Rams on the road, they were on the wrong side of a 44-6 score. Bucs winners, Rams losers.

7) Giants (4-2) @ Cowboys (1-4)
I'm completely disgusted with how much better my team is than the every other team we've played this year. In our 4 loses we've out-gained our opponents by a combined 548 yards. Our problem is we can't stop shooting ourselves in the foot. We beat ourselves, not our opponents.

Fuck it, we can't keep this shit up forever, right? Right?? RIGHT?!! Cowboys winners, Giants losers.

8) Redskins (3-3) @ Bears (4-2)
Both of these teams are frauds, but I'll take the less fraudulent of the 2. Redskins winners, Bears losers.

9) Jaguars (3-3) @ Chiefs (3-2)
Again, the Chiefs are NOT that good, but I'll give this one top them solely based on how pathetic the Jags looked with Trent Edwards playing this past Monday. Chiefs winners, Jaguars losers.

10) Browns (1-5) @ Saints (4-2)
Finally, the Saints showed up in 2010! I like them to keep that momentum going in the Superdome. Saints winners, Browns losers.

11) Raiders (2-4) @ Broncos (2-4)
I don't love the Broncos, but their 2010 schedule has been brutal thus far, mainly their last 4 games (Colts, @Titans, @Ravens, and Jets). I say that to say this: maybe the Broncos are actually good and are about to explode. Maybe. I mean, they do gave one of the most potent passing attacks in the league, and with the NFL cracking the whip against defense again, they could realistically put up 3 or 4 TDs per game. Their schedule is about to get extremely soft, so all I'm saying is don't be shocked. Broncos winners, Raiders losers.

12) Cardinals (3-2) @ Seahawks (3-2)
I still don't like the Seahawks, but I definitely don't like the Cardinals. Besides, I'm not picking against Seattle at home. Seahawks winners, Cardinals losers.

13) Bills (0-5) @ Ravens (4-2)
The Bills could have 8 weeks to prepare for this game and still couldn't win. Ravens winners, Bills losers.

14) 49ers (1-5) @ Panthers (0-5)
One combined win, and 10 combined losses for these 2 teams. This promises to be "Must Not See TV." 49ers winners, Panthers losers.

This Week: 9-5 (.643)
Overall Record: 60-44 (.577)
Last Week: 7-7 (.500)