August 05, 2011

Random News Shit: More NFL Shit Edition

Braylon
1) Braylon Edwards Finally Finds Work In San Francisco
After being disown by the Jets and implicated in a bar fight, Braylon Edwards finally lands a deal with San Francisco (after they sent out a mass e-mail notifying teams Taylor Mays was available). The deal is only for 1 year and is worth just $3.5 million. Damn.

Can the Steelers avoid to do this? Aren't they over the cap too? Sounds fishy, but whatever, I'm not even gonna sit here and act like I have a full understanding of how the money works in the NFL.

The deal is $35 million over 5 years with $17 million in guarantees. Damn good deal if you ask me.


4) Olin Kreutz Lands In New Orleans
The man the Bears locker room wept for, Olin Kreutz, decided not to retire and signed a one year deal with the Saints worth "between $2 million and $3 million." Good for him.

(Side note: When I said the locker room wept, I don't mean it literally.)

5) Kevin Boss Joins The Raiders
The Raiders loss Zach Miller to the Seahawks, so they replace him with Kevin Boss. The deal is 4 years, $16 million and very welcomed by me as a Cowboy fan.