May 22, 2008

Get 'Em Spike!

Check out what Spike Lee had to say about Clint Eastwood and his black soldier-less movies about Iwo Jima (Flags of Our Fathers and Letters From Iwo Jima):

"He did two films about Iwo Jima back to back and there was not one black soldier in both of those films," Lee said Tuesday at the Cannes Film Festival, where he was a judge in an online short-film competition.

"Many veterans, African-Americans, who survived that war are upset at Clint Eastwood. In his vision of Iwo Jima, Negro soldiers did not exist. Simple as that. I have a different version," Lee said.


I've never seen either movie so I didn't know, but damn that's fuck up. I'm even more shocked that my homegirl Tonya and her militant ways didn't point this out to me long ago. You're slipping babe lol.

Anyway, Spike has his own black soldier movie coming out in October called Miracle at St. Anna so make sure to check that shit out!

Source

0 comments: