May 22, 2008

Thursday Billboard Update - 5/22/08

Goodness! Look at that top 10, no Rap albums in site. And they say Hip-Hop ain't dead [Stephen A. Smith voice] PLEASE lol.

On the Hot 100 Lil Wayne and his Lollipop return to the #1 spot! Personally, I hope it stays there so I can laugh in some people's faces even harder if this nigga doesn't at least go gold first week. I mean I like the nigga (kinda lol), but his "fans" make you not like the nigga. Anyway, other than that the top 10 is pretty much the same as last week.


1. Death Cab For Cutie - Narrow Stairs
2. Frank Sinatra - Nothing But The Best
3. Jason Mraz - We Sing, We Dance, We Steal Things
4. Duffy - Rockferry
5. Leona Lewis - Spirit
6. Mariah Carey - E=MC²
7. Neil Diamond - Home Before Dark
8. Madonna - Hard Candy
9. Toby Keith - 35 Biggest Hits
10. Keith Sweat - Just Me
  • Way down the charts at #40 Cherish's new last hooray album The Truth sales 18,000 in its first week.
  • And even further down than that you have poor Foxy Brown at #83! Damn! lol. Foxy's new album Brooklyn's Don Diva sold just 9,000 copies...damn again lol. I'm sure her saying don't support the album was a factor...but I'm sure this was pretty much inevitable lol.

1. Lil Wayne - Lollipop (3-1)
2. Leona Lewis - Bleeding Love (4-2)
3. Rihanna - Take A Bow (1-3)
4. Usher - Love In This Club (5-4)
5. Jordin Sparks - No Air (4-5)
6. Ray-J - Sexy Can I (5-6)
7. Madonna - 4 Minutes (6-7)
8. Natasha Bedingfield - Pocketful Of Sunshine (9-8)
9. Mariah Carey - Touch My Body (8-9)
10. Danity Kane - Damaged (10-10)
  • After 4 weeks on the charts Usher's Love In This Club Part II featuring Beyonce and Lil Wayne soars 45 spots 63-18. I told you so lol.
  • Duffy's Mercy jumps 39 spots 66-27.

0 comments: