July 14, 2009

Random News Shit

FILE - In this March 18, 2008 file photo, Dallas Cowboys quarterback Tony Romo, left, and actor Jessica Simpson, right, take in an NBA basketball game between the Los Angeles Lakers and Dallas Mavericks in Dallas.
1) People.com Reporting Tony Romo & Jessica Simpson Split
Keep in mind, this report surfaces every few months about these 2 breaking up.

With that being said, if this is true, I think this is the beginning of another reason I'm more confident in my Cowboys! First the return the to Alamo for training camp, then former Cowboy T.O. goes homo, and now the Jessica Simpson curse may be broken. This offseason just keeps getting better and better! ...Well you know, as far as meaningless off the field things are concerned.

2) Ryan Signs $45M Deal To Remain 'Idol' Host
And this is $45 million over like 12 years, this is $45 million for 3 years! Three! That's $15 million a year to host American Idol! I touched on this on Twitter yesterday (yeah I made one unfortunately if you hadn't noticed), but kids should say fuck practicing a jumpshot, or getting a fast 40 time, or worrying about getting yelled at by some old white guy because you can make just as much, if not more doing nothing like Ryan Seacrest. I mean really, what does Ryan Seacrest bring to the show?? You could replace him with any random white guy and no one would care. Replace Randy, Paula, or Simon and you may have some issues (on a side note, if Seacrest is getting $15M a year, how much are the the judges making?? Geez!).

3) Russell Brand To Host 2009 VMAs
MTV obviously doesn't learn from its mistakes because after the colossal failure that was the 2008 VMAs, they've welcomed Russell Brand back to host. To be fair, Russell wasn't the only reason last year's show sucked, but if I'm MTV I'm not going to try to put that behind me and bring back the same host.

I don't know, maybe its just me. The good news is that its gonna be back in New York so it won't be in that weird, small room like last year. That shit looked like my elementary school auditorium.

4) Tom Brady Is An Asshole
That's right, I said it! I don't know if you heard about this, but this guy Dennis Paiva is being forced to re-pay Brady for 2 $8,000 planters he "stole" and sold for $450. Here's the thing about it though, the planters were NEXT TO THE TRASH. He didn't even know they belonged to Tom Brady. Now the 61 year-old is being forced to pay $4,000 restitution to Brady’s realty trust. Really Tom?? You couldn't afford to say "fuck it" and move on?? You gotta hassle this poor guy (literally) to pay you back??

Thank goodness a local businessman decided to step in and took care of the $4,000 bill. He thinks there's a good chance Tom doesn't even know about the situation, but I seriously doubt it. I mean, of course Tom wasn't present at court or cursed him out in a YouTube video, but to say Tom doesn't even know is probably wishful thinking from a Pats fan.