July 12, 2009

A Little Bit More Confident About The Cowboys

Even though I was pissed off x10 when Jerry Jones decided to let Terrell Owens go back in February, I've had time to gather myself and possibly look forward to a halfway decent season. I mean, we're definitely gonna miss T.O. (there is 0 chance Roy Williams can fill that void, he's just not that good at the end of the day), but something I just read made me a little more confident about the upcoming season and it had nothing to do with any individual player.

Ready to hear what the big news is?? Can I get a drum roll? No? Okay, fuck you then! lol.

Anyway, the reason I'm more confident in the 2009 Dallas Cowboys is because they'll be returning to San Antonio and holding training camp in the indoor, air-conditioned Alamodome! I know, exciting stuff! Seriously though, before the 'Boys NFC-best 13-3 season in 2007, they practiced in the Alamodome. Before last year's 9-7 debacle, they practiced in Oxnard, California out in the heat because of a scheduling conflict. So there you have it.

I know it seems insignificant, but having camp in an air-conditioned dome verses having it out in the Cali sun makes a big difference. I don't know that for a fact, but I'm gonna act like I do because it makes me feel like we actually have a shot this year lol.

Now as far as the individual players go, I have a lot of confidence in Miles Austin and Sam Hurd's ability, but they have to be able to be on the field. They've learned under Terrell the past few seasons just like Terrell learned under Jerry Rice and I know they are both ready to have break out season if they can avoid injury. Those 2 guys are the key. If they can play 16 games I say the Cowboys go 10-6 or better, if they don't they'll go 8-8 or worse. But no matter what, I think our success hinges on whether Austin and Hurd can stay healthy.

SOURCE