July 28, 2009

Random News Shit: NFL Edition



1) Favre Decides To Remain Retired... For Now
I was washing dishes when the breaking news came on an said Favre made a decision. I KNEW he was gonna stay retired. If he was gonna come back, there would have been no wait. What happened last year?? He said he wanted to play so he played. Him having doubt made me think he probably didn't think he could do it.

Plus, he is a human, I'm sure he hears everyone talking about how much of a fool he is for not being able to figure out what he wanted to do. Welp, we'll see if he has a change of heart later on in training camp.

2) R.I.P. Jim Johnson
It was clear he wasn't going to be able to coach the Eagles defense this year, which is why Philly named his replacement this past weekend, but I had no idea it was this bad. It will be weird when not seeing him on the sideline or hearing about his defensive schemes when the Cowboys play their NFC East rivals. Very sad stuff.

Watch out for the Eagles this years because they're gonna dedicate the season to Johnson.

3) Plax To Testify Tomorrow
This is all so over done. Yeah he was wrong for having a gun, but he shot himself! Give the man a couple of days or months in jail and be done with it already! Dante Stallworth kills someone on accident and gets 24 days, Plax shoots himself on accident and he's looking at 1 or 2 years. Give me a break.

4) Merriman Debuts Blue Mohawk At Chargers' Camp
This isn't really news, but I just wanted to show everybody. I like Shawne as a player, but this kinda makes me wish the worse for him on the field lol.