July 21, 2009

A Few Thoughts On 'The T.O. Show'

The T.O. Show
Can I be honest with you?? I don't feel at all like writing this piece BUT it has to be done. It just has to be done. Okay, lets make it happen.

For starters, let us all be clear and acknowledge the fact that this show is staged. I'm sorry to say it, but its CLEAR. This show is one cut above those scripted, pseudo reality shows like The Hills, Baldwin Hills, and that other one BET made that didn't do too well. VH1 handed down the script and everyone in the show is playing their role. It actually got to a point with me where I questioning whether the Cowboys cut him for real reasons or did VH1 convince them to do it for the reality show. Seriously, I was really wondering.

His publicists (damn the Foxxhole for fixing my mind to think white girl whenever I hear that word lol), Kita and Monique, seem pretty genuine, but they still come off like bad actresses. Now, I'm not saying they are, I'm just saying that's how the come off in the show. On Twitter (ugh, I hate how that sounds!), my boo Claudia Jordan told me they are really his PR people and have been so for years and are like family (no word on where these 2 were back when he had that accidental overdose a few year back because Kim Etheridge was his publicist then). Claudia is so fine I'll take word on just about anything lol.

Anyway, the move to L.A. was set up, the hot Asian realtor was set up, club scene was set up, the party afterwards at the house was set up, the dinner/hot tub/make out scene with the hot Asian realtor was set up. Basically the whole show was set up. I wouldn't even be surprised if we found out T.O.'s ex-fiance Felisha Terrell (yes, ironically that's her real name) was somehow on board with the staging of the show.

The only person who came off like he wasn't acting was T.O.'s bodyguard Pablo. I'm somewhat basing that on him seeming real, but mainly on the fact that T.O. is bigger than him. If VH1 was gonna cast a bodyguard, they would've got someone like 6'7" and 3-bills.


All in all, "The T.O. Show" was pretty bad. If VH1 was gonna script this show, I feel like they should have written a better one... or better actors. I don't know. Then again, its MUCH better than that coon shit VH1 usually plays with New York and all the other fools. So yeah, I'll probably watch the show anyway because now that "4th & Long" is gone off, I have nothing to watch at 10pm on Mondays. Can't wait for football season!!