July 21, 2009

Jesse Holley Wins '4th & Long'

Jesse Holley
As many of you already know, I decided to watch the "4th and Long" finale instead of "The T.O. Show" at 10. Jesse Holley beat out follow WR Andrew Hawkins and DBs Eddie Moten and Ahmaad Smith to win a spot on the Dallas Cowboys' roster. I loved Hawkins, but I'm definitely not mad at this selection. I personally believe Hawkins would have won had he not fumble that kick return to give the O's the win.

Anyway, Holley will report to San Antonio for training camp July 29th where he'll compete for one of the Cowboys' 5 or 6 WR spots on the active roster. The Cowboys currently have 11 receivers vying for those spots, 4 of which are locks (Roy Williams, Miles Austin, Sam Hurd, and Patrick Crayton). We shall see what happens, but like I said earlier, I'd take Holley over Isaiah Stanback anyday. I just hope the 'Boys also decide to pick up Hawkins for his special teams ability alone!

SOURCE