November 26, 2009

A Few Thoughts On Thanksgiving

sexy thanksgiving Pictures, Images and Photos
1) Stop sending me Happy Thanksgiving texts.
This happens every major holiday whether its Thanksgiving, Christmas, or New Years and frankly, I'm sick of it. Why do people you may or may not speak to that often think its thoughtful to send these texts?? Its just so impersonal and lame to me. Its pointless also. I know its Thanksgiving, you know its Thanksgiving, no need to send me some generic ass message someone forwarded you or you made up to send to 78 different people. If you really cared about me, you'd pick up the phone and call me, or you'd at least text me something tailored made for me. Generic holiday texts are annoying, don't annoy me on a holiday.

2) I'm not an asshole if I don't say Happy Thanksgiving.
Again, I know its Thanksgiving, you know its Thanksgiving, I don't need to walk around saying "Happy Thanksgiving" to everybody I see. Look, I know I'm not the first person you talked to today, so I'm not an asshole or a grouch if I choose to just say hi.

3) How long will it take for advocacy groups to ruin Thanksgiving??
They've already ruined Christmas, so Thanksgiving has got to be next, right?? People can't just leave shit alone these days so its gonna happen. I'm sure somebody is working hard to find something wrong with pilgrims and Native Americans, or eating turkey, or find a flaw in the word "Thanksgiving." Its gonna be something and its gonna be coming soon, I can feel it.

Okay, I'm done. Now I'm gonna go listen to Nas' What Goes Around (Poison) just so I can hear one of my favorite quotables of all-time:

"The China-men built the railroad. The Indians saved the Pilgrims and in return the Pilgrim killed them. They call it Thanksgiving, I call your holiday Hell Day 'cause I'm from poverty, neglected by the wealthy."

I love it. Enjoy your Thanksgiving everyone.