November 13, 2009

Random News Shit: Bullshit Edition

Maybe Ochocinco should've offered the dollar to Roger Goodell
1) Ocho Cinco Fined $20,000 For $1 JOKE
We all knew it was gonna happen, but this is still such bullshit. Atlanta coach Mike Smith was fined just $15,000 for his involvement in a sideline altercation with players, but Estaban jokingly over a dollar was across the line and worth $20,000?? Again, IT WAS A DOLLAR! If anything he should've been fined $1 by the league. Just more reason to hate Dictator Goodell. I swear, if I wasn't such a big Cowboy fan I'd seriously think about not fuckin' with the NFL because it keeps doing dumb shit like this.

(Side note: I wonder if he'll get fined again for sending this "tweet" to President Obama.)

2) Hornets Fire Scott, Replaces Him With GM
Here's some more bullshit for you, the 2008 NBA Coach Of The Year Byron Scott got fired 9 games into an 82-game season in favor for the Hornets GM aka the guy responsible for bringing in the players that got them off to a 3-6 start. Brilliant.

I never really liked the Hornets, but now I sure as hell don't. I would wish they'd tank the season, but that would do them benefit because they'd get a high draft pick, so instead I'm hoping they go 41-41. Fuck the Hornets.

3) NFL Bans Captain Morgan Pose TD-Celebration
Keeping up with our bullshit theme, remember in last Sunday night's Cowboys/Eagles game when Brett Celek scored and got a 15-yard penalty after lifting his right leg as his touchdown celebration?? Well yeah, that little ditty has been banned by the NFL.

Apparently Captain Morgan was planning on donating money to the Gridiron Greats Assistance Fund, a nonprofit that helps retired NFL players, every time a player struck the pose after a touchdown. Well the NFL wanted no part of that because if it doesn't make the league itself money, its a problem. That's right, don't be fooled, this is ALL about money. We can play football games in Heinz Field and Lank Shark Stadium, and watch 50 million Coors and Bud Light commercials during breaks, but somehow donating to a good cause is a bad idea. Bullshit! Its only a bad idea because the NFL isn't directly profitting off of it.

See, the NFL is like Jerome on "Everybody Hates Chris," they're assholes unless you let them "borrow a dollar." Sad. Its not good when I get to point where I'm having to remind myself of why I love this game.

4) LeBron James To Change His Number In Honor Of Michael Jordan
I believe I remember hearing ramblings over the summer about LeBron possibly changing his jersey number to 6, but I never knew why. Well now I do. 'Bron thinks nobody in the league should be allowed to wear #23 and you know what?? He's probably right. There are MANY legends of this game from Russell to Dr. J to Magic to Bird, but Michael is the greatest so this is a commendable move.

Do I think the NBA should make it a rule that no player should wear #23?? No. If you retire Jordan's number league-wide, you'd have to retire all the greats numbers league-wide, but it'd be a nice way to show respect for the best by all NBA players currently wearing the number to change.

Now the only thing yet to be answered is what team jersey will that #6 be on?? Well we should all know it definitely won't be a Knicks jersey lol.

5) Klondike Sponsers T.O.-Ocho Cinco Roast
I burned so many calories on the other stories that I'll let you check this one out yourself, but its a pretty neat idea.