November 13, 2009

Robin Thicke - Meiplé (feat. Jay-Z)




Where in the hell did they get this old ass sounding beat from?? This the kinda shit you can only truly enjoy while wearing a zoot suit. The kinda shit they used to place when night clubs were still referred to as "jook joints." And was somebody playing a washboard in the background?? What the fuck?? This beat is on some ol' WB frog meets that racist Tom and Jerry song "is you is, or is you ain't my baby" shit. I was expecting somebody in black-face to come out of my speakers and start tap dancing on my computer desk. I definitely ain't fuckin' with this beat.

The song itself is decent. I wasn't really feeling Hov's verse, but I guess I kinda like the part when he called Beyonce "Little Tina" (as in Turner for the slow). Either way, this song should've been A LOT better.


"Buzzin' like a bee, but nope I don't sting-a-ling. Jing-o-ling-o-ling, I show 'em the middle finger ring. Ting-a-ling-a-ling! School bell a ring-a-ling, stick shift the ding-a-ling, ball like Yao Ming-a-ling. Excuse me, what happened? I'm flyer than a robin. I'm flyer than an eagle, yeah Donovan Mc-a-Nabbin'. And when I pop that pussy, I pop it on his Suzuki. I pop it so crazy, cuckie, I'm back in them daisy dukies."

What the fuck?? And this is the chick y'all would call me a hater for not liking?? AIGHT!

I feel bad for Thicke because these niggas are robbing his ass with these lame ass verse. I'm not loving the direction the new album is going in so far, but hopefully he can recover. If a Soulja Boy or Gucci Mane song is next I might have to re-evaluate my long standing Robin Thicke fandom.