November 10, 2009

This Week In Flops 11/10/09

Attention: Deficit
You know, one good thing I can say about this new class of rappers is that they do drop albums. The new rappers from 2003-2008 really struggled with that, and I'd say about 3 out of 78 of them actually dropped an album. In the class of 2009 we've already got albums from Asher Roth, Skyzoo, KiD CuDi, and now Wale.

Anyway, Wale is an interesting artist to predict sales for because he seems to have a bigger buzz than he really has because he has some high profiled friends. Think about, you know Wale, and have known him for a minute, but what has he really done?? Not much in my book. Now that's not taking anything away from him, he seems to be cool, but it just feels like he has more buzz than his album. I'm going to go with 40-70k to be safe, wouldn't be surprised if it was much less though.

The Bridge
What the fuck is going on with this album?? I knew it came out in June in other countries like Canada and the U.K., but its schedule for its U.S. debut today. The problem with that is that it already debuted on the Billboard 200 2 weeks ago on October 29th.

Anyway, the album only sold 4,200 that time so I'd be foolish to say it'd sell much more than that now. I'll go with 4-12k.