November 14, 2009

NFL Winners & Losers: Week 10

Brady vs. Manning
1) Patriots (6-2) @ Colts (8-0)
I hate Tom Brady. I hate Bill Belichick. I hate the New England Patriots.

I like Peyton Manning. I like Jim Caldwell (though I'm not sure if he's actually alive seeing how he doesn't move or blink of the sideline lol). I like the Indianapolis Colts.

With that being said, I'm taking the Pats. The Colts are practically begging for this first first loss with their performances the last couple of weeks, and I think the Pats are the team to hand it to them. Brady-to-Moss + banged up Colts secondary just doesn't sounds good to me. Believe me, I'll be rooting for the Colts, but that's not gonna change my pick. Patriots winners, Colts losers.

2) Cowboys (6-2) @ Packers (4-4)
Tony Romo is 13-1 as a started in the month of November and the sole loss came in his first ever November start. This is Romo's month. Plus, do you really want to take the Packers' offensive line that just gave up 6 sacks to the Buccaneers against DeMarcus Ware and Jay Ratliff?? Exactly. Cowboys winners, Packers losers.

3) Bengals (6-2) @ Steelers (6-2)
Last week I said there was no way the Bengals could beat the Ravens a 2nd time. Well guess what? They did. They already beat the Steelers in Week 3, can they sweep the season series with them as well?? In a word: No.

Look, I love Cincy and they are for real, but the Steelers have 2 difference makers back for this match-up: Rashard Mendenhall and Troy Polumalu. Mendenhall was benched for the first meeting and Polumalu was injured. Having these 2 back will pay off.

Besides, its not like the Bengals really need this game. Have you seen their remaining schedule?? After this game they play 4 of their last 7 games against Oakland, Cleveland, Detroit, and Kansas City. The Bengals have more wins now (6) than those 4 teams combined (5), they'll be fine in the long run, but the Steelers are gonna take this game now. Steelers winners, Bengals losers.

4) Eagles (5-3) @ Chargers (5-3)
You gotta love NFL analysts and their often wrong knee-jerk opinions. All last week the Eagles were contenders and they were gonna whip my Cowboys' ass. Fast forward to this week coming off a 4 point loss and the Eagles just don't have what it takes and are no good. Its crazy how these things work. That's why I like Skip Bayless. Yeah he's a bit of an asshole, but he sticks to his guns and he's not all over the place like 90% of all sports analysts.

Anyway, I still don't believe in this Chargers teams so there's no way I'm taking them, even at home. Eagles winners, Chargers losers.

5) Falcons (5-3) @ Panthers (3-5)
A funny thing happened last Sunday in the Superdome. Jake Delhomme threw 5 passes in the first half and the Panthers were winning 17-6. In the 2nd half he threw 25 passes and the Panthers ended up losing 30-20. Isn't that funny?? No? Well I think it is hilarious that the Panthers still haven't realized the less Delhomme, the better. Again, Matt Moore and A.J. Feeley must look terrible in practice for them to not have gotten a chance yet.

Man, I wanna give Carolina the look this week, but I just can't put my trust in Delhomme, even playing at home. Falcons winners, Panthers losers.

(Side note: Instead of fining Ocho Cinco every week for foolishness, how about the NFL launch an investigation into how Delhomme was offered a contact extension in the off season?? Is Jake holding one of the owners children hostage somewhere?? I wouldn't rule out the possibility.)

6) Seahawks (3-5) @ Cardinals (5-3)
I fuckin' HATE the Cardinals! You never know what to expect out of these fucks. One week their hot, the next week their getting beat down. Luckily for them I have no respect for the Seahawks who, despite winning, were down 17-0 against the Lions last week. I can't rock with them in good conscious. Cardinals winners, Seahawks losers.

7) Jaguars (4-4) @ Jets (4-4)
Speaking of inconsistent teams, here are 2 for your ass! Mostly the Jaguars because they can't decide if they're gonna be a good team or a crappy team.

Whatever, this is another one of this "home team coming off they're bye week" games so I think Rex Ryan will have the boys prepared. Jets winners, Jags losers.

8) Bears (4-4) @ 49ers (3-5)
I picked the 49ers in this game and here's my proof. 49ers winner, Bears loser.

9) Bills (3-5) @ Titans (2-6)
T.O. has taken to Twitter to tell us how he and the Bills are gonna whup up on the Titans. Its not gonna happen. Titans winners, Bills losers.

10) Buccaneers (1-7) @ Dolphins (3-5)
This game should be a gimme, but Joey Porter being benched for the game by Tony Sparano with no reason given has me wondering if this are starting to crack for the Fins? Its a possibility, but even without Porter, there's no reason they shouldn't handle up the Bucs. Hopefully this game isn't a black out. Dolphins winners, Bucs losers.

11) Broncos (6-2) @ Redskins (2-6)
The Broncos lose 2 and all of a sudden the Chargers are back on their ass for the AFC West. This win coupled with the Bolts loss to the Eagles will give them some breathing room. Broncos winners, Redskins losers.

(Side note: Clinton Portis was ruled out of this game Friday due to the concussion he suffered last week. My question is this: Do we really need a news story that tells us these guys aren't playing out the week after their concussion?? It should go without saying, right?? I say yes and you should too.)

12) Lions (1-7) @ Vikings (7-1)
No need talking about this game, it should be the biggest blowout of the week. Vikings winners, Lions losers.

13) Saints (8-0) @ Rams (1-7)
Did I say Vikings/Lions was gonna be the biggest blowout of the week?? Well I stand corrected. Saints winners, Rams losers.

14) Ravens (4-4) @ Browns (1-7)
The battle of the Browns! The original Browns (who are now the Ravens) and the new Browns (who are currently the laughing stock of the league). This should be a good one!

...Okay, not really, its probably going to be a terrible beat down, but for some reason its the Monday night game. ESPN deserves this though. Seriously, what did the Browns do in 2008 that made ESPN think they'd be worth a MNF slot?? They played 3 Monday nighters just last year, ESPN knew they sucked. Again, they deserve this game for thinking it would some how be worth viewing. Ravens winners, Browns losers.

15) Chiefs (1-7) @ Raiders (2-6)
I love my local CBS affiliate! They are such great comedians! Check out this awesome joke: Instead of showing us the Bengals/Steelers game at 1pm, they're going to show South Florida this epic battle at 4pm!

LMAO! Good, one CBS, you slay me. Yes there hasn't been a meaningful game in this rivalry since like 2001, but how could you pass up a chance to broadcast a repeat of Week 2's instant classic?? Exactly! (Yes, I'm really crying on the inside.) Chiefs winners, Raiders losers.

Last Week: 8-5 (.615)
Overall Record: 92-52 (.639)
This Week:
8-7 (.533)