July 13, 2010

Big Papi Wins The Homerun Derby

Big Papi
I, like many others with 2 eyes and a brain, thought Papi was done when he struggled through the first half of the last season. Clearly that was not the case and since then, it's pretty much been bombs away. That didn't change at the 2010 Homerun Derby as Papi became the first Red Sox player in MLB history to win the event, while tying Bobby Abreu's final round score of 11 homers.

Thank goodness the Derby turned around because it started off extremely slow. After the first 2 batters got things started off with a combined 3 homers, I was beginning to miss the steroids era. Who am I fooling, I miss the steroids era anyway. I almost shed a tear when Joe Budden's Pump It Up came on and there were no jokes to be made. Sad stuff. And speaking of things I miss, what happened to those colored streaks shooting star thingies that ESPN trotted out last year?? Yeah, we need those back.

SOURCE