July 07, 2010

Random News Shit: NBA Free Agency Edition Pt. 3

Wade & Bosh Choose Heat
1) Wade Stays With Miami; Bosh Joins Him
Yes! Man, I was really starting to get the feel that Dwyane Wade was heading to Chicago because he wasn't gonna be able to lore anybody to South Beach with him. I wouldn't have even been mad if he did bolt for the Bulls though, it would've been a 1000% better situation than staying with the Heat with only Mike Beasley and Mario Chalmers under contract. I should've just listened to Bill Simmons when he said there's no way a guy going through a divorce was going to leave all that extra money on the table lol.

Well this was truly fantastic news to wake up to. Yeah, I would still like to add LeBron, but I'm happy with 2 of 3. Besides, if they don't land LeBron, that leaves even more money to build a super strong team with the free agents left like Bredan Haywood, J.J. Redick, and Kyle Korver, and also bringing back guys like Udonis Haslem and Quentin Richardson.

2) LeBron To Make Announcement Thursday Night at 9PM on ESPN
A lot of people are saying this would be a bad idea for LeBron, but why?? People are gonna hate on LeBron regardless of which team his chooses, what time he chooses them, or where he makes the announcement. You think Cleveland fans will feel any better if he goes to Chicago or NY, but makes the announcement at home in Akron?? Or the NY fans will be happy if he stays in Cleveland, but makes the announcement in NY?? Bottom line is this: it doesn't matter how or where LeBron makes the decision because someone's feelings are gonna get hurt and LBJ hate will ensue.

Anyway, I know I've said over and over again that I thought LeBron would stay in Cleveland, but with Wade and Bosh already choosing Miami, I'm not so sure. I still think he could follow Wade and Bosh and go to Miami, I think he could join Rose and Noah in Chicago, and I could even see him joining Amare in NY now. I don't know at this point, and nobody does. I must say though, it's HARD to see him returning to Cleveland now.