July 06, 2010

This Week In Flops 7/6/10

Big Boi
Man o man have we been waiting on this day for a LONG ass time! No really, I'm talking 2007 ish. Whatever, I'm just glad this day has come.

Now, with that being said, don't expect any crazy OutKast numbers from Big Boi's solo debut. I love Big, but I'm afraid other people only love Big when he's alongside Andre 3000. I think that's partially to blame for the lack of buzz and interest in his singles so far. Now you might say "on Speakerboxxx/The Love Below Big was essentially alone" and that is true, but The Way You Move was always accompanied by Hey Ya, and vice verse. In fact, they spent weeks and weeks trading #1 and #2 on the Hot 100 back in 2004 (yes I used to follow the Billboard charts waaaay before FiyahMuZik.com came about).

The point is this: don't expect anything over 200,000. I'm gonna go with 100-135k, but I have a terrible feeling it may be less. Fingers crossed for Big!

Kelis
Dammit I hope this album flops hard! No, not just flop, but FLOP HARD! I'm talking less than 5,000 albums sold. That isn't out of the realm of possibility either, it's not like we've heard much out of Kelis outside of her sitting of Nas for all his money and not letting him see his child. I'm gonna guess 5-15k.

Juvenile
Juvenile got an album coming out?? Man, I had no idea! Well if I didn't even know about it, I'm sure many of y'all didn't, so I'm guessing Beast Mode lands somewhere in the 3-13k range.