July 10, 2010

New Heat Debut In Miami, Sign Contracts

Chris Bosh (L), Dwyane Wade (C) and LeBron James stand together at the Miami Heat NBA basketball team 'HEAT Summer of 2010 Welcome Event' at the American Airlines Arena in Miami, Florida July 9, 2010.
I swear this is like a freakin' dream! I never thought in a trillion years I'd see LeBron James in a Miami Heat jersey standing side by side with Chris Bosh and Dwyane Wade, unless it was Photoshopped. Well I'll just continue to keep pinching myself because it is the new reality, as all 3 have signed their new contracts tonight.

The Heat were able to work out sign-and-trades with both the Cavaliers and Raptors, so LeBron and Bosh got their 6th year and signed contracts worth $110.1 million. Wade took the biggest pay cut signing his 6 year deal for $107.5 million. Each took roughly $15 million less than they could have to make this happen.

Now it's time to fill out this roster. I already gave you guys my wish list yesterday, but 2 guys (Kyle Korver and J.J. Redick) have already decided to go elsewhere, so I'm gonna add in 2 more. Don't laugh, but the 2 news guys I'm adding are Kwame Brown and Adam Morrison.

Here me out. What do the Heat need most right now?? Big men and spot up shooters, right?? Well isn't Kwame Brown a big man, and isn't Adam Morrison a shot up shooter?? It's not like we need them to carry the load, all the have to do is play their small roles. Virtually no pressure on their shoulders. Plus, both are still in their 20s (Brown is 28 and Morrison is 25), and can be had for cheap. I say they're worth a shot. Makes sense to me.

SOURCE