July 10, 2010

Random News Shit: NBA Free Agency Edition Pt. 5

Los Angeles Lakers guard Derek Fisher talks to reporters during an interview at the team's basketball practice facility in El Segundo, Calif. , Wednesday, June 23, 2010.
1) Derek Fisher To Meet With Pat Riley In Miami
I believe this is just for show. I know I had Fish on my free agent wish list, but the more I think about it, the less sense it makes. Why would he come to the Heat?? He already has 5 rings, so you know he's not itching for a championship, and the Heat have about as much money to pay him as his Lakers do. And that's all besides the fact that he'll be turning 36 next month. I honestly don't see it happening, and that's for the best, I'd like to see Fish finish his career in L.A.

2) Kyle Korver Reaches 3-Yr/$15M Deal With Bulls
Fuck! Kyle Korver is probably the free agent I wanted the most for the Heat. The man can flat out shoot. Last season the man shot 53.6% from 3 to lead the NBA! You're telling me he couldn't AT LEAST match that with the Heat where all he'd have to do was stand at the 3-point line and wait for wide open jumpers??

This will hurt less when the Mike Miller deal is finalized (he was 2nd in 3-point shooting at 48%), but I'd be lying if I said I didn't prefer Korver.

3) J.J. Redick Signs 3-Yr/$20M Offer Sheet From Bulls
Unlike the Cavs, the Bulls are quickly moving on from LeBron and trying to build a contender of their own. Redick is a restricted free agent, so the Magic still have a chance to match this offer, but either way you slice it, the Heat are out of the running for his services.

4) Bobcats Give Tyrus Thomas 5-Yr/$40M Deal
Huh?? Michael Jordan and the Bobcats do know who Tyrus Thomas is, right?? Oh ok. Well then again, anytime you get a chance to spend $8 million a year on a guy who averages 9 points and 6 rebounds a game, you've got to do it.

5) Raymond Felton, Knicks Agree To Deal

This is a nice move by the Knicks, but still, Felton is no Steve Nash. Amare will learn that soon.

6) David Lee Headed To Warriors Amid Knicks Sign-and-Trade
I know this happened Thursday, but I never got a chance to speak on it with all the LeBron hysterics.

Anyway, I'm not sure why the Knicks feel Amare is so much better than Lee, but still they send Lee to Golden State in exchange for Anthony Randolph, Kelenna Azubuike and Ronny Turiaf. Because that's just what the Knicks needed, more forwards lol. Lee's deal is 6-years for $80 million.