November 20, 2007

This Week In Flops 11/20/07

Okay! NOW, it all makes sense. American Dream was supposed to be Mike Jones' sophomore album, but changed to an EP due to "low confidence from the label." I can't find any news report to back that up, but it sure seems to be the case because seriously what record label puts out 3-4 singles (and videos!) for an EP?? Most people are lucky to even get a video for an EP lol. Speaking of EPs, whatever happened to Yung Berg's album?? I remember he dropped the EP (that didn't sell), his single played out, and he hasn't been seen or heard from since...but I digress lol. I see American Dream selling about 10-20k in its first week.

I feel bad for having to put this up, but I already know its not gonna sell because he has just about no promo even though he his album is crazy. If Cassidy only did like 60k last week, I can't see Free doing anymore than that with no single out or anything. My prediction is 40-50k, hopefully not much less, but oh well its not like he's gonna get dropped or anything lol.

Without a doubt this WILL be the lowest selling debut by an American Idol winner (yep, even less than that nigga with the grey hair), but I'm sure they already know that. I mean she's straight, but we all (well everyone that watches American Idol enough to at least know what's going on) know that that no neck girl who always looked surprised should have won. Her name is actually Melinda Dolittle, but I didn't think of it until after I wrote that sentence and I'm not gonna erase it lol. Anyway, with her single doing pretty much nothing I can't see her selling anything more than 80-90k. If she goes over 100k its just because of the hardcore AI fans that buy all the winners albums lol.

0 comments: