November 13, 2007

Add Rick Ross To The December Release List

Yep that's right, Rick Ross' 2nd album Trilla is supposed to be dropping Dec. 18 led by the lead single Speedin' featuring R. Kelly. I don't if its really gonna do anything, but it should because its actually kinda hot, check it out:



Now, I found out about this from his Myspace page BUT here's what he told Mixtape Monday about the project:

"Speedboats, the cars, the dimes," Ross said, describing the "Speedin' " video shot last week in Miami. "We finnin' to make us a mini-movie. It's gonna be a big event. Me and [DJ] Khaled gonna get pulled over. The state trooper is gonna disrespectfully knock on my tinted windows. I let down the window, the smoke is gonna billow into his circumference, and I'm gonna make my move.

"We're speed-racing to the top," Ross added about the track. "It's a race to see who gets the most money, it's a race to see who puts their side on the map, it's a race to see who's the best. Living, to me, is a race. It ain't no time for sleeping and resting. It's that fast life."

R. Kelly guest-stars on the track, as you've heard if you've been out to the clubs lately.

"I been a fan of his for so long," Ross noted. "Once I got my money right, I had to go see him. With his schedule, with his tour and court, I didn't get a chance to go to the studio with him. I just sent him the track and we talked over the phone about the song. We chopped it up, he did it."

The Runners, Cool & Dre, DJ Toomp, Akon and J.R. Rotem also put in work on the LP.

"I got Lil Wayne and Trick Daddy on a record called 'Luxury Tax.' We're pushing the boundaries in every direction. We also got songs like 'Japanese Denim,' 'Street Money' — I'm coming in all directions."

Ross ain't never lyin'. Besides his official LP, he'll be featured on a slew of cameos (Freeway's "Lights Get Low," Baby's "100 Million Dollars" and Ludacris' "Dirty South") and is dropping even more mixtapes.

"We just put out Maybac Music, then we have The Boss Is Back with Papa Smurf," he said. "There's Trilla Is Coming with DJ Khaled. It's the mixtape before the album. All you gonna hear on it is 'December 18.' Then you get another hot record and another hot freestyle, and you we remind you 'December 18, the biggest street album of the year is coming: Trilla.' "

0 comments: