February 27, 2008

This Week In Flops 2/26/08

Again, sorry I couldn't get this up yesterday, but my pictures weren't saving for some reason, but I got that under control now. Anyway, welcome to the first TWIF in 10 weeks and also the first of 2008! Of course none of the labels listened to my pleas to stop releasing their artist's album on the same day as a 100 others, but I guess that's why they make the big bucks and I don't, right? Right! Welp lets proceed with the proceedings this...morning lol (oh yeah and please forgive the rust lol).

First off with have Ms. Janet Muthafuckin' Jackson! Since this cover hit the internet I was hoping this wasn't the finished version, but it appears to be. Anyway, I dunno how Janet's buzz is doing since I've been so busy lately, but I know she's gonna be good for AT LEAST 100,000 first week so my prediction is for Discipline is 150-200k.

Erykah Badu has a huge following of fans (as well as ass lol) BUT I'm not so sure any of them know she has a new record that dropped yesterday. Andy is a big fan and he didn't even know until I told him last week and has never heard that Honey record once. With that being said, I think she'll land somewhere in the 80-100k range which isn't bad for someone with 0 buzz at the moment.

Now for the man with the biggest single out right (Independent was #10 on last week's Hot 100), Webbie. Webbie is cooking up a recipe that is good for an at least 200k debut BUT not on is his single Independent but so is his label which hardly ever bodes well for album sales. Go ahead and cut that 200k in half and take off a few more because I don't see Webbie doing much more than 70-90k. I hope he does more, but I wouldn't put money on it.
Moving right along to Shawty Lo's Units In The City. Hmmm...maybe its just be, but I don't think this shit is gonna do good at all. D4L had a #1 single in '05 and didn't sell shit and this time around Lo is barely breaking the top 50 (even though the record is huge in the streets). Oh well this nigga is supposed to be paid anyway so maybe the brick won't hurt as much lol. I got him at 40-50k.

And last, but not...okay she probably is least (mainly on her label lol), but Cheri Dennis is a cutie so she always gets love on fiyahmuzik ;-). Anyway, Puff should have dropped this album long ago in like '06 when she had a lil bit of buzz off that one singel (I can't remember what it was called for shit right now lol), but now the game is pretty much over for Cheri on Bad Boy. She'll be lucky if she can get to 30,000 because I have her in the 10-20k range.

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

Shawty-lo couldnt pay me to destroy his album. Garbage.

I say sorry for Atl, because we can do better than this