April 08, 2008

This Week In Flops 4/8/08

This project is gonna be a weird one because his Sexy Can I record is doing really well at radio, but I just don't see the buzz for his album and that's never a good sign. Maybe that's a good thing if this shit sounds anything like Unkut lol. Strictly off the strength of Sexy Can I I'm gonna say Ray J does a good 50-75k first week.

I thought this would be a week with only one major release flops, but good thing I went back and double checked because I had absolutely NO idea Ele was dropping an album today lol. Welp, with the shows he puts on I'm sure it doesn't really matter if he flops (its not like he's sold major units before), but another lack of promo by Diddy and Bad Boy is gonna leave this album stranded. With no song out and no shred of buzz in the U.S. I'm gonna go really low and say Ele's Bad Boy debut does 6-10k first week. The truly sad thing is that the whole SoundScan sheet isn't readily available like it was before that whole DJ Drama shit so we probably will never know how much he really sold...or didn't sell should I say lol.

0 comments: