May 01, 2008

Thursday Billboard Update - 5/1/08

Welp, it was a pretty boring week on the Billboard 100 (which is good on me so I can get back to GTA 4 after I get off work lol) as Mariah's E=MC² remains #1, Leona Lewis' Spirit reminds #2 and there is 0 Hip-Hop in the top 10....well there is one but I never heard of nobody named Atmosphere so that doesn't count lol. Now, what was interesting was that 61% decline that hit Mariah in her 2nd week. Most artists usually go through that, but since nothing really came out last week I figured Mariah would sustain...oh well! She did managed 182,000 and that's more than most people do in their 1st week so if I was her I wouldn't be mad lol.

Pretty boring on Hot also this week as Lil Wayne's Lollipop and Leona Lewis' Bleeding Love flip flop 1-2 and 2-1 respectively. Hopefully for his project's sake Wayne doesn't drop any further down. This week's top debut comes through like a fuckin' tornado and lands at a clean ass #9 spot. The debut I'm talking about is Chris Brown's Forever, Leona and Wayne have been warned lol.

The Billboard 200 1-10

1. Mariah Carey - E=MC²
2. Leona Lewis - Spirit
3. Flight Of The Conchords - Flight Of The Conchords
4. Ashlee Simpson - Bittersweet World
5. Atmosphere - When Life Gives You Lemons, You Paint That Shit Gold
6. Various Artists - NOW 27
7. Various Artists - Juno sdtk
8. George Strait - Troubadour
9. Taylor Swift - Taylor Swift
10. Phil Vassar - Prayer Of A Common Man

The Billboard Hot 100 1-10

1. Leona Lewis - Bleeding Love (2-1)
2. Lil Wayne - Lollipop (1-2)
3. Jordin Sparks - No Air (3-3)
4. Madonna - 4 Minutes (6-4)
5. Usher - Love In This Club (4-5)
6. Ray-J - Sexy Can I (7-6)
7. Mariah Carey - Touch My Body (5-7)
8. Sara Bareilles - Love Song (8-8)
9. Chris Brown - Forever (9)
10. Chris Brown - With You (9-10)
  • Plies' Bust It Baby Pt. 2 jumps 9 spots 32-23 and verses with last week's top debut, Mariah's Bye Bye, which goes 23-32.
  • Lil Wayne amazingly annoying track A Millie debuts at #60.
  • JD's UK songtress Duffy debuts at #87 with Mercy.
  • Fake Wayne's (aka V.I.C.) Get Silly finally debuts and does so at #92.

0 comments: