March 25, 2008

Is Fabolous Bitin' Jay-Z??

With the success of Hov's concept album American Gangster it looks like somebody else is looking to make that same leap--Fabolous! That's right, Fab told Mixtape Monday that his next album will be a concept album based on a movie he saw...you know like Jay did when he saw American Gangster last year. Don't believe me though, see what Fab had to say for yourself:

"I'mma put a theme together and just go off of that theme," he said. "Sometimes producers get lost trying to figure out what they think is the best type of sh-- for Fab. [They say,] 'I got this commercial joint for you.' So what I'm doing now, I seen a movie I want to theme the album after. Even take certain lines, different scenes out of the movie and make music behind that. At the same time, I can have the producer check the movie out, and he'll have something he can take away from the movie and come back with some joints. I wanted to try that this time."

"What Jay-Z did [with 'American Gangster'] ... he took that Frank Lucas character and put it in the frame of his Jay character," Fab opined. "That's what I wanna do. I don't wanna say I that I'm actually the character, but take some of his scenarios or some things I went through and tell it in my tone."

Well for Fab's sake I hope that shit is classic because if its not niggas are gonna ridicule him for copping Hov even though I'm sure he won't be the last and Jay wasn't the first lol.

Source

1 comments:

Gallardo Bastardo said...

Oh, come on! It's one thing to make a theme album while it's hot and getting critical acclaim, but it's another to make on based off of a movie right after someone else did it. Sounds like he's meat-hugging Jay to me. Damn, Jay-z is such an important rapper, even other rappers are stans (see Jim Jones).