March 25, 2008

This Week In Flops 3/25/08

I'm very sad to put both of these album in TWIF this week, but I doubt either will cross the 300,000 sold barrier so here we are. Maybe I should lower it to 200,000?? Nahh!

First up is Day26's self-titled debut. Diddy and Sway kept saying DK had the #1 album though SoundScan doesn't come out until tomorrow, but I think Bad Boy will stay hot and the boys of MTB4 will dethrone their sisters. I'm thinking they can push at least 180k-200k first week.

Now, this album here has been my shit! I was ecstatic last week when they announced they were pushing the album up from April 8th to March 25th (yes, I already went and bought my copy), but I'm not convinced their buzz is big enough right now to do big first week numbers. That really shouldn't matter to Gnarls though because their debut St. Elsewhere started off slow, but picked up the pace to consistently do 50k a week until it crossed the 1 million sold mark. Anyway, I got Gnarls doing 115k-130k when SoundScan stops counting next week.

0 comments: