July 09, 2011

Derek Jeter Gets His 3,000th Hit

New York Yankees batter Derek Jeter follows through on his swing as he hits a solo home run, for his 3000th career hit, against the Tampa Bay Rays in the third inning of their MLB American League baseball game at Yankee Stadium in New York July 9, 2011.
If I told you Derek Jeter was going to get the 2 hits he needed to reach 3,000 today, you wouldn't have believed me. If I told you he was gonna go 5 for 5 for the day and his 3,000th hit was going to be a homerun, you probably would've had me committed to a mental asylum.

I still can't believe it actually. Hell, I even bet against it happening on ESPN's Streak For The cash today. But man, that's how you fucking make history! Congrats to Derek and the hot model-type chick he'll be on top of later tonight. Oh, and congrats to Minka Kelly too.

SOURCE