July 30, 2011

Random News Shit: You Already Know Edition

Welp, the Nnamdi saga is over and he landed on the Eagles. Good for them. As a Cowboys fan, am I now scared to face Philly? Hell no! Unless the Eagles also signed someone to help Andy Reid with clock management (and yes, I realize this won't matter if they're up 3 touchdown in the first quarter) or can guarantee Mike Vick stays healthy, I'll remain optimistic. Besides, assembling all-star teams never seems to work in football (and according to Adam Schefter they've already begun calling themselves the Dream Team) anyway.

2) Peyton Manning Signs 5-Yr/$90M Deal To Stay In Indy
It's funny, Peyton Manning takes less money and he's called the ultimate teammate, but when LeBron took less money to go to Miami last year he become a unqualified villain. And yeah, LeBron changed teams, but the fact still remains that he took less money. I'm not saying it's racism, but I am saying it's funny.

First they signed Roy Williams, then Sam Hurd, and now Marion Barber. I wouldn't be surprised if they were on the phone with Leonard Davis and Marc Colombo as we speak.

I'm not knocking the Bears though, I actually think these are 3 very good signing. Roy Williams get to play for the man who made him a Pro Bowler once upon a time in Mike Martz, Sam Hurd finally gets to prove he's not just a awesome special teams player, and the Barbarian gets to prove he's not done yet. Again, good signings.

I'm not gonna lie, this one actually hurt me more than the Nnamdi signing and I may or may not be starting to get worried...

Hmmmm, Atlanta, huh? Interesting choice for him.

Now I know he's dating LaStarya, but something just seems suspect about this dude. I don't know what it is, but the nipple rings don't help.

6) Nate Clements Agrees With Bengals
Damn, he knows the Bengals are gonna suck this year, right? He didn't steal enough money from the 49ers to get to the point where he wouldn't have to make a money grab on a bad team? I guess not.

7) Broncos Sign Willis McGahee
I'm not sure why they needed McGahee when they already have Knowshon Moreno and LenDale White under contract, but to each his own I guess.