July 31, 2011

The Mysterious Case Of MTV's Bridge & Tunnel

Wow, that looked incredible!

If you aren't familiar with Bridge & Tunnel, it was basically the original Jersey Shore that MTV spent millions to film but never aired. Besides having an awful name, why in the fuck wouldn't MTV put this ball of greatness on the air?

Earlier, I read somewhere that it was because it was too similar to Jersey Shore (though it was created before it even aired), but if MTV can have Teen Mom and 16 & Pregnant airing at the same time and Laguna Beach and The Hills airing at the same time, why couldn't Bridge & Tunnel and Jersey Shore co-exist??

To get the true answer, I guess you've got to read the Bridge & Tunnel cover story on the Village Voice and that's a commitment I'm just not willing to make at this time. Until I am, I supposed I'll be left with a newfound emptiness in my soul.