July 27, 2011

Random News Shit: NFL Free Agent Mania Edition

Well that's dope, he can either go to his first NFL home or his 2nd and last. If I was him, I'd go with the Steelers, not only are they better, but I doubt Pennsylvania would make him do 2 years in prison for shooting himself. Yeah, he had awesome chemistry with Eli Manning, but I'd be like fuck New York if I was Plax.

Welp, at least his has suitors. Before he got locked up, some folks thought he wouldn't play in the NFL again.

And that's with $24 million dollars in guaranteed money. I know Santonio is a former Super Bowl MVP, but really, he got that much money? He's not even a top 10 WR in the league. Hell, is he even top 15? This is an atrocious deal, but oh well fuck it, at least they probably won't be able to sign Nnamdi Asomugha or re-sign Braylon Edwards. Wait a minute...

3) DeAngelo Williams Re-Signs With The Panthers
The deal is worth $43 million over 5 years with $21 million in guaranteed money. Sucks for the Dolphins because I know they didn't want to bring Ronnie Brown back and probably don't want to bring Marion Barber in. Oh well, the Panthers paid damn near everybody today so it'd only make sense for them to back up the Brinks truck for DeAngelo.

I guess he wasn't a big fan of the Donovan McNabb trade. Oh well, at least he gets to catch passes from Tavaris Jackson again. Awesome.

Anyway, the deal with the Seahawks is 5-years/$41 million.

The Seahawks also snapped up Robert Gallery from the Raiders today.

5) Chargers Give Eric Weddle 5-Yr/$40 Million Deal
With $19 million in guaranteed money. Yep, that makes Weddle the highest paid safety in the league. I won't lie, I wanted the guy in a Cowboys' uniform, but not that bad. I ain't mad at him though, get that paper.

6) Matt Hasselbeck Joins The Titans
No word on how long the deal is or how much it's worth, but now it's only a matter of time before Vince Young hits the free agent pool. He may be the last decent QB left in it by then too.

Nice! Now we need some help in for secondary. It won't matter how strong our offensive line is if our DBs can't stop anybody. Go get Cromartie or Joseph!