September 18, 2007

Hip-Hop Awards 2007 Nominees & Breakdown

Yes, yes ladies and gentlemen its that time of year once again! The most ignorant award show since the Source Awards went out of production is back! Enter, the 2007 BET "Hip-Hop" Awards. They announced the nominees last week, but after such a lackluster show last
year, I was in no rush to unveil them. After I learned T.I. was nominated for 9, I was a little more interested, but after looking at this shit it looks like BET is less revelent in what's going on in Hip-Hop than the majority of their shows already proved. Without any further ado, the nominees are:

BEST Hip-Hop VIDEO

50 Cent "I Get Money"
Chamillioinaire f/ Slick Rick "Hip-Hop Police"
Common "The People"
Ludacris f/ Mary J. Blige "Runaway Love"
UGK f/ Outkast "International Players Anthem"
Kanye West "Stronger"

Why is Common's The People and UGK's Int'l Players Anthem nominated?? They were both superior videos, but BET hardly ever showed them so how would anyone know?? Where's The Game's Wouldn't Get Far or either Jay-Z's Lost Ones??

BET's Most Probable Winner: Chamillionaire Hip-Hop Police
The REAL Winner: Kanye West Stronger

BEST COLLABO

Birdman & Lil' Wayne "Stuntin' Like My Daddy"
Diddy f/ Keyshia Cole "Last Night"
DJ Khaled f/ Akon, T.I., "We Takin' Over"
Rick Ross, Fat Joe, and Lil' Wayne
Fabolous f/ Ne-Yo "Make Me Better
UGK f/ Outkast "International Players Anthem"

This category was a little better, but where's all those songs with T-Pain?? He had two #1 singles that BET constantly showed and the nigga couldn't even get a nod... damn shame lol.

BET's Most Probable Winner: Diddy f/ Keyshia Cole Last Night
The REAL Winner: UGK f/ OutKast Int'l Players Anthem

BEST LIVE PERFORMANCE

Common
Lil' Wayne
T.I.
Ludacris
Kanye West

Why is Lil Wayne nominated?? That nigga is still an opening act and probably will never headline a tour, so how does he get the nod over Jay-Z, 50 Cent, Nas and The Game???

BET's Most Probable Winner: Lil Wayne
The REAL Winner: Kanye West

BEST HIP-HOP MOVIE

Gridiron Gang
Idlewild
Shottas
Smokin' Aces
Stomp the Yard

Shottas??? Paging Stephen Hill, Shottas came out in 2002! Sorry, I had to get that out of the way, back to business. What does this have to do with Hip-Hop?? They could've saved this for the BET Awards.

BET's Most Probable Winner: Stomp The Yard
The REAL Winner: Smokin' Aces

BEST DANCE

2 Step
Aunt Jackie
Chicken Noodle Soup
Crank Dat Soulja Boy
Pop, Lock, & Drop It

Why is this a category?? You take one thing that is killing Hip-Hop and turn it into a category for Hip-Hop's award show, brillant.

BET's Most Probable Winner: Crank Dat Bullshit Soulja Boy
The REAL Winner: There is no winner, eliminate this bullshit category!

LYRICIST OF THE YEAR

Common
Lil' Wayne
Jay-Z
T.I.
Kanye West

Lil Wayne does an album with Baby and spit a couple of wack 16's on other people's song and that gets you a nomination for Lyricist Of The Year?? Where's Nas, The Game, Fabolous, and Andre 3000???

BET's Most Probable Winner: Lil Wayne
The REAL Winner: Common

VIDEO DIRECTOR OF THE YEAR

Bryan Barber
Benny Boom
F. Gary Gray
Chris Robinson
Hype Williams

Finally a category that makes sense all the way through! Well besides F. Gary Gray since only did one video (Jay-Z's Show Me What You Got)

BET's Most Probable Winner: Hype Williams
The REAL Winner: Hype Williams

PRODUCER OF THE YEAR

Mannie Fresh
Polow Da Don
Swizz Beatz
Timbaland
Kanye West

Another good category, maybe they're learning... I doubt it lol.

BET's Most Probable Winner: Polow Da Don
The REAL Winner: Swizz Beatz (would be Timbaland, but most of his shit
was for Pop acts)

MVP OF THE YEAR

Common
Lil' Wayne
Jay-Z
T.I.
Kanye West

I'm guessing this is supposed to be equalivant to Artist Of The Year, but no matter what you call it, why is Lil Wayne nominated?? I asked again, what has he done???? I would've liked to see someone like Young Jeezy nominated instead because that man never get any love! Better yet,
how about one half of the only 2 truly relevant rappers out right now, 50 CENT!

BET's Most Probable Winner: T.I.
The REAL Winner: Kanye West

TRACK OF THE YEAR

"A Bay Bay" Hurricane Chris (produced by Phunk Dawg)
"Big Things Poppin' (Do It)" T.I. (produced by Mannie Fresh)
"Can't Tell Me Nothing" Kanye West (produced by Kanye West and DJ
Toomp)
"I Get Money" 50 Cent (produced by Apex)
"Party Like A Rockstar" Shop Boyz (produced by Pit)

The word "track" still pertains to beats right?? Okay, so how the hell is A Bay Bay nominated????? That beat was awful, they might as well had nominated Soulja Boy for his wack ass Fruity Loops beat. Where's Throw Some D's, Wouldn't Get Far, I Love It, Its Me Bitches... I could keep going lol.

BET's Most Probable Winner: Party Like A Rockstar
The REAL Winner: I Get Money

CD OF THE YEAR

Common Finding Forever
Jay-Z Kingdom Come
Ludacris Release Therapy
Nas Hip-Hop Is Dead
T.I. T.I. vs. T.I.P.

I like this! This is one of the best categories we're going to see the whole night BUT why is Nas only nominated here?? I mean if he had one of the best albums how was he not nominated for anything else?????

BET's Most Probable Winner: T.I. T.I. Vs. T.I.P.
The REAL Winner: Common Finding Forever

ROOKIE OF THE YEAR

Hurricane Chris
Lil Boosie
MIMS
Plies
Rich Boy

Lil Boosie?? That's niggas been out for years! That's like last year when they had Baby Cham nominated lol. Extremely slim picking here just to let know you where the state of Hip-Hop is.

BET's Most Probable Winner: Rich Boy
The REAL Winner: Rich Boy

DJ OF THE YEAR

DJ Drama
DJ Enuff
DJ Irie
DJ Khaled
Tony Neal

There's really no competition here, its obviously out of Khaled and Drama but I guess that had to add others to the category too lol. Much respect to Enuff, Irie, and Tony Neal, I know who they all are and what they've done but they don't stand a chance.

BET's Most Probable Winner: DJ Khaled
The REAL Winner: DJ Khaled

HUSTLER OF THE YEAR

50 Cent
Diddy
Lil' Wayne
T.I.
Jay-Z

I'm not even gonna say it, but you see the name that doesn't belong because it sticks out like a hard dick in spandex. If you really need a hint, take a look at the Forbes list and see who is NOT listed.

BEST INTERNATIONAL ACT

Dizzie Rascal
JME
Kano
Klashnekoff
Lethal B
Wiley

I guess this is right, who knows lol.

BET's Most Probable Winner: Dizzie Rascal
The REAL Winner: Does it really matter??

BEST RINGTONE

Crime Mob f/ Lil Scrappy "Rock Yo Hips"
Hurricane Chris "A Bay Bay"
MIMS "This Is Why I'm Hot"
Rich Boy f/ Polow Da Don "Throw Some Ds"
T.I. "Big Things Poppin' (Do It)"

Another Hip-Hop killer turned BET Hip-Hop Award category lol. I think Soulja Boy should've been nominated because we all know he'll be irrelevant this time next year.

BET's Most Probable Winner: A Bay Bay
The REAL Winner: This Is Why I'm Hot

THE ALLTEL PEOPLE'S CHAMP (VIEWER'S CHOICE)

Birdman & Lil' Wayne "Stuntin' Like My Daddy"
Hurricane Chris "A Bay Bay"
DJ Khaled f/ Akon, T.I., Rick Ross, Fat Joe and Lil' Wayne "We Takin'
Over"
Lil Boosie f/ Foxx and Webbie "Wipe Me Down"
MIMS "This Is Why I'm Hot"

This category is just dripping with wack juice.

BET's Most Probable Winner: A Bay Bay
The REAL Winner: We Takin' Over

0 comments: